Reflexology and Digestion
Written by Sabine Hagen, RCRT ~ Vernon Chiropractor
Digestion is an intricate chain of events consisting of many integral organs, glands, muscles, hormones and enzymes, each playing an important role in the breakdown and absorption of nutrients, and the elimination of waste.
When one or more parts are out of balance, we start to experience digestive issues including GERD (reflux disease), acid reflux, bloating, cramping, flatulence, constipation, diarrhea, IBS, hemorrhoids, etc. Often these imbalances are remedied with prescription drugs—many of which only mask the symptoms or have an equally bad side effect.
Reflexology in Vernon is a natural holistic therapy using your nervous system to promote balance in the digestive system as well as all the other systems of the body.
The Main Causes for Digestive Imbalances
- stress/tension (physical or emotional)
- lack of circulation
- food sensitivities
- hormonal imbalance
- lack of exercise
How Reflexology Can Help
- relieves tension/stress by switching the active nervous system from sympathetic (fight or flight) to parasympathetic (rest and digest)
- improves circulation, bringing oxygenated blood to the digestive system
- improves circulation of lymphatic fluid which helps with detoxification and flushing of the system
- normalizes the production of hormones and enzymes released for digestion
Interested in trying Reflexology for your digestion?
Contact Sabine Hagen at: www.sabinehagen.com